- Depressed mood. Can include crying, irritability, and even anger.
2. Lack of energy, motivation, and interest. Can include not wanting to get out of bed, go to work, and even do things you once found pleasurable.
3. Increase or decrease in appetite. Can include weight loss or gain.
4. Increase or decrease in sleep. Can be less than 3 hours or more than 12 hours/night.
5. Diminished ability to concentrate or focus. Can be indecisiveness and feel like memory loss.
6. Feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, and worthlessness. Can be feelings of guilt and shame.
7. Suicidal thoughts. Can be thoughts of wishing you were never born or harming yourself.
8. Substance use. Can be frequent and/or excessive drinking and/or illegal drug use.
If you have 5 or more of these, you could have depression.
To schedule your free initial consultation.
I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or LCSW which is just a fancy name for a therapist or counselor. That means I have my Master’s in Social Work and am licensed to practice therapy and counseling independently in the state of Tennessee. I live in Nashville but provide therapy and counseling across the state; including but not limited to: Memphis, Knoxville, Ashland City, Bartlett, Chattanooga, Clarksville, Franklin, Hendersonville, Jackson, Johnson City, Kingsport, Murfreesboro, Thompson Station, and Tullahoma. I’ve been in practice for ten years in a multitude of settings including psychiatric inpatient, admissions, emergency, and residential. It’s my passion to provide therapy and counseling to teens and adults with severe anxiety, depression, Bipolar Disorder, suicidal thoughts, and Schizophrenia spectrum disorders like Schizoaffective Disorder and their loved ones. I do so through individual, couples or marriage, and family therapy and counseling. My mission is to provide convenient, comfortable, and affordable therapy and counseling to those underserved by our current community mental health system. Don’t let yourself or your loved one fall through the cracks.